Category Manager Modern Jewellery
The Category Manager Modern Jewellery is end-responsible for managing a group of auctions that form an auction category (business unit / vertical) within an auction cluster. The Category Manager is responsible for the cluster’s commercial and strategy development and execution, sets the quality guidelines, in alignment with the Cluster Manager.
What you will do
As a Category Manager in our Modern Jewellery cluster, your goal is to make your team of auctioneers work in the most efficient way and to meet the targets of your category. You will work closely with Sales, Marketing, Customer Support and HR to achieve these goals.
People / team management
The category manager will:
- Grow and develop the (assistant) Auctioneers in the category and ensure targets are being met.
- Actively look for (assistant) Auctioneers to grow the team globally.
- Ensure a follow-up of auctioneers efficiency and productivity.
- Ensure that the quality guidelines are respected.
Auction & Category development
The category manager will:
- Ensure a tight planning and forecast for the auction category.
- Create and launch new auctions in collaboration with Marketing and Sales departments.
- Ensure the development of the category, according to the strategy and in view of the targets.
The category manager will be responsible for:
- Contacting new and existing sellers, in order to source quality supply at sale-able prices in collaboration with Sales.
- Build a good working relationship with important sellers. Advise new and existing sellers on what will sell at Catawiki and at which price.
- Collaborate with Sales and Customer Support to ensure a smooth fulfillment process.
- Ensures that all complaints or disputes are dealt with in a quick and efficient way, in collaboration with Customer Support.
- Pro-actively provide content and input to the Marketing team to ensure that the best marketing strategy for the category is defined. Provide additional marketing support when needed.
Who you are
As our new Category Manager you have
- Academic level of working and thinking, Master's degree is a plus;
- 3 to 5 years of management / leadership experience;
- Experience in retail or e-commerce - related to the concerned auctions;
- Strong people management skills. Ideally experience with managing international, remotely located teams.
- Ability to drive change effectively, strong organisation skills and a clear communicator.
- Ability to operate in a matrix structure whereby company goals can only be achieved by collaborating closely with other teams (Marketing, Sales and Customer Support)
- Specific Modern Jewellery affinity and market knowledge is strong plus
- Fluent English is a must; knowledge of at least Dutch/French/German is a plus
- Demonstrable computer skills and excellent presentation and communication skills.
- Analytical skills. Sets clear goals in collaboration with the Cluster Manager.
- You are a Team player, have strong negotiation skills and a hands-on mentality.
- Business getter, driven by commercial targets.
- Experience with online auctions is a nice to have.
What we offer
This is your chance to become part of Europe’s fastest growing tech company! You will have an exciting job in a young, fast-growing, dynamic & international organisation. Additionally, you can expect:
- Turn your hobby into your career;
- Work from home;
- Flexible to divide your working hours over the working week. We do have fixed meeting times during the week and you will be required to attend those (online) meetings;
- Paid holiday;
- Excellent opportunities for career development;
- Sponsored events and afternoon drinks;
- A fun team in a fast-growing online company facing complex challenges;
- Lots of room to work on great ideas, and to learn and grow.
Apply directly with an English CV and cover letter by submitting your information at the bottom of this page.
A Expertise test, reference check, Certificate of Conduct (VOG) and interviews in English are all part of our recruitment process.