Commercial Expert DACH
The Commercial Expert will be responsible for onboarding new sellers and increasing revenue from existing sellers in the Art and Antique categories, in the DACH region.
The Commercial Expert will be:
- Responsible for increasing quality supply at sale-able prices in Art and Antique categories in your region. Quality supply includes mid and high-end authentic works of Art and Antiques
- Typically be working in a specified region and will speak the language of the sellers in all aspects.
- Working closely together with both (local) auctioneers and (local) sales teams.
- Help build a regional strategy for the specific categories, based on experience in the field.
- Advise prospects and existing sellers on what will sell at Catawiki and at which price.
- First contact for these sellers within Catawiki, helping and advising sellers on how to get started (high potentials).
- Responsible for building up and maintaining a network among colleague valuers and notaries.
Who you are
Our new Commercial Expert is independent and experienced, with a strong background in international commerce and online marketplaces, particularly on the supply side.
Your energetic and creative personality fits well in our dynamic startup environment. You are passionate about building something from the ground up and have excellent communication skills in your native language as well as a good command of the English language.
- HBO+ level - preferably Art History or comparable
- Appraised curator and/or proven experience and expertise in the field as a generalist
- The Commercial Expert has an extensive network of art and antique dealers and is able to engage his network by onboarding new sellers to Catawiki
- Strong networking skills, engaging with potential and existing and dormant sellers
- Strong negotiating skills
- Experience in a similar function in the auction world
- Experience in working in a highly demanding online environment
- Hands on mentality
- Business getter, driven by commercial targets
- Broadminded company oriented mentality
What we offer
This is your chance to become part of Europe’s fastest growing tech company! You will have an exciting job in a young, fast-growing, dynamic & international organisation.
Additionally, you can expect:
- Excellent opportunities for career development;
- Sponsored events and afternoon drinks;
- A fun team in a fast-growing online company facing complex challenges;
- Lots of room to work on great ideas, and to learn and grow.
Apply directly with an English CV and cover letter by submitting your information at the bottom of this page.
A capability test, reference check, Certificate of Conduct (VOG) and interviews in English are all part of our recruitment process.