Auction Manager Books & Comics
As our Auction manager Books&Comics, you’re responsible for managing a group of auctions (a so-called 'auction cluster'), related to collectible paper goods, like the Books, Comic Strips and Cartography auctions, all on an international level and in different languages. Your goal is to make your team of (remotely located) auctioneers work in the most efficient, scalable and consistent way possible and to achieve targets / goals. You understand our business and have a clear view on further development of our auctions.
You make sure that the entire (remote) team is kept up-to-date, understands our targets / goals and you support your team accomplishing the set targets / goals. You ensure your team is engaged and motivated. You empower and develop your auction leads to maximize the performance of their auctions. Aside of managing your team of auctioneers, you will work closely with Sales, Marketing and Customer Support departments.
What you will do
- Continuous development of the auctions in your cluster (quantity and quality);
- Set targets for your auctions and deliver them;
- Empower and develop your auction leads to maximize the performance of their auctions;
- Manage a motivate a dedicated team of auctioneers, including various HR-tasks;
- Create new auctions and launch them after seeking approval from your manager in collaboration with our sales and marketing departments;
- Build a good working relationship with important suppliers;
- Resolve assigned client disputes in an efficient way, in collaboration with our Customer Support team;
- Report to the manager of the Auctions department.
Who you are
Our new Auction manager has a:
- Bachelor degree, university degree is a plus;
- Management / leadership experience;
- At least five years of trade experience - also online - related to the concerned auctions;
- Master one of these languages: English/Dutch/French/German as a mother tongue fluently and correctly; knowledge of the English language, as a second language at least, is a must; knowledge one of these as a 3th language: Dutch/French/German, is a plus;
- Demonstrable knowledge of and experience with computers and computer programs;
- Excellent presentation and communication skills;
- Pro-active and hands-on mentality.
What we offer
This is your chance to become part of Europe's fastest growing tech company! You will have an exciting job in a young, fast-growing, dynamic & international organisation. In addition we will make sure you have a soft landing, should you have to relocate to the Netherlands.
Additionally, you can expect:
- 25 days Paid holiday & holiday allowance;
- The Catawiki pension plan (no contribution from the employees, so Catawiki is paying for the whole pension plan);
- Excellent opportunities for career development;
- Sponsored events and afternoon drinks;
- A fun team in a fast-growing online company facing complex challenges;
- Lots of room to work on great ideas, and to learn and grow.
Apply directly with an English CV and cover letter by submitting your information at the bottom of this page. A capability test, reference check, Certificate of Conduct (VOG) and interviews in English are all part of our recruitment process.