Category Lead Watches
What you will do
As a Category Lead Watches you are an expert in the field of Watches and you’re responsible for managing a group of auctions, a so called 'auction category'. Your goal is to make your team of (remotely located) Auctioneers work in the most efficient, scalable and consistent way possible and to achieve the targets of this category.
To achieve this goal, the Category Lead Watches;
- Leads, grows and develops the (assistant) Auctioneers in the category.
- Ensures a follow-up of (assistant) Auctioneers productivity and commercial activities.
- Takes the lead in finding new sellers and sourcing quality supply.
- Closely collaborating with colleagues in Customer Support and Sales.
- Is responsible for the quality management in his category (audits)
The Category Lead will report to the Cluster Manager.
Tasks and responsibilities
- Leading (assistant) Auctioneers, assigned HR-tasks included
- Prepare targets for assigned auctions and meet them
- Design a plan for the continuing development of assigned auctions, in view of the targets and discuss this with the Cluster Manager
- Build a good working relationship with important Watch suppliers.
- Create new auctions and launch them after seeking approval from the Cluster Manager and Marketing department
- Resolve assigned disputes in an efficient way in collaboration with Customer Support
- The Category Manager will delegate tasks to the Category Lead and (assistant) Auctioneer.
Who you are
If you want to become our new Category Lead Watches you have at least
- A Bachelor's degree
- Expert knowledge of Watches and an eye for trade
- 2 or 3 years of management experience
- At least 5 years of trade experience - also online - related to the concerned auctions
- Master one of these languages: English/Dutch/French/German/Italian/Spanish as a mother tongue fluently and correctly; knowledge of the English language, as a second language at least, is a must;
- Knowledge of a 3rd language, be it Dutch/French/German/Italian/Spanish, is a plus.
- Demonstrable knowledge of and experience with computers and computer programs.
- Excellent presentation and communication skills.
What we offer
This is your chance to become part of Europe’s fastest growing tech company! You will have an exciting job in a young, fast-growing, dynamic & international organisation. Additionally, you can expect:
- Paid holiday & holiday allowance;
- The Catawiki pension plan (no contribution from the employees, so Catawiki is paying for the whole pension plan);
- Excellent opportunities for career development;
- Sponsored events and afternoon drinks;
- A fun team in a fast-growing online company facing complex challenges;
- Lots of room to work on great ideas, and to learn and grow.
Apply directly with an English CV and cover letter by submitting your information at the bottom of this page.
A capability test, reference check, Certificate of Conduct (VOG) and interviews in English are all part of our recruitment process.