Molecular Separations Technology Specialist
Process Technology innovations focuses on the development of new processes based on Avebe’s key technologies, in the processing of Starch, Protein and New Functionalities e.g. Blends,. The Process Development department is responsible for the development of new, and the optimization of current protein and starch processes and products. The focus is on market driven innovation, aiming at sustainable processes and high quality, profitable products.
In this function you will be reporting to the Manager Process Development within the Process Technology Department at Avebe Innovations.
You are the competence owner of relevant technologies for protein separations, specifically industrial chromatography and membrane separation technology.
Further you are responsible for:
- designing and developing novel protein isolates;
- designing and supporting in the execution of tests at laboratory, pilot and production scale, interpreting and reporting results;
- transferring technology to Operations by translating theoretical concepts into industrial applications;
- planning and managing of assigned projects and ensuring execution and delivery;
- recommending the management in decision making;
- coaching team members and trainees;
- identifying IP opportunities.
- MSc, PDEng or PhD degree in (bio)process technology, (bio)chemical engineering or similar education;
- Relevant working experience in the field of separation technology, in particular protein separation and purification;
- Fundamental understanding of molecular separation processes; (mainly chromatography and membranes)
- Upscaling by numerical methods and affinity with process modeling is a strong plus;
- Up to date with relevant literature;
- Good communicator in English;
- Some years of experience in a relevant field is an advantage.
Skills and attitude
- Goal oriented;
- Able to perform in a cross functional team;
- Strong analytical skills;
- Can do attitude;
- Result driven;
- Team player;
For further information please contact Prof. K. Van der Voort Maarschalk (Process Technology Manager) +31-611716892 or Stephanie Langbroek (HR Business Partner) +31-611330201
If you want to apply for this job, go to www.avebe.com